Sunday, August 21, 2005

Sounds Like Doughnuts to Me!

This story was of interest to me because it shows how specific foods are engrained in culture. I had never heard of fry bread before, but I can see how it can be quite addictive. Whether it is the turkey, dressing, gravy, potatoes, etc. at holidays, or the white-on-white cake at birthdays, or the bag-full of trick-or-treat goodies at Halloween, or funnel cakes at the county fair, there seems to be no end to food and festivities. Ultimately, these foods become "comfort foods" reminding us of the special event they originally represented. As a second obstacle, we have the "fast food/junk food" craze going on. Fast food is too available in our society, and we've come to depend on it. When these special foods and fast foods become a part of our everyday fare, then we've really got an uphill battle on our hands.

COMMON SENSE: Proper nutrition is a daily challenge. Refrain, abstain, and try to change!

1 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Hello.

I'm actually Helen Parkinson. Yes that is right Nick Parkinson of Mountainhoney is my husband. Anyway I tried the link you had to this artical and it seems to be dead. Is there anyway to find it again maybe?

Like your blog btw -- I have it listed at mine as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home