Friday, August 19, 2005

Aggressive Attack on Trans Fatty Acids

Way to go New York City! I am humbled and amazed that municpal leaders are actually taking the lead in protecting the health of its citizens. When I eat out, I really don't know what I am ingesting - maybe I don't want to know! I applaude this move towards eliminating a big disease culprit.

COMMON SENSE: The big wheels of the government move slowly. When a city the size of NYC admits that a food additive is dangerous, it is time to take heed! Read your food labels and boycott items that contain trans fatty acids by not buying them! (If the ingredient list includes the words "shortening," "partially hydrogenated vegetable oil," or "hydrogenated vegetable oil," the food contains trans fat.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home